Your heart is one of the most important organs in the body. But, did you know that heart disease is the leading cause of death for both men and women in the United States? The links below will help you find ways to keep you and your family heart-healthy.
- Browse books on heart health, including cookbooks, available at checkout at the Feurstein Health & Wellness Information Center.
- Healthfinder.gov is a great place to start for basic information on your heart’s health.
- The National Institutes of Health (NIH) provides a complete guide to a healthy heart.
- The Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) wants you to know the facts about heart disease.
- Know the differences between cardiovascular, heart and coronary heart disease.
- If you’re a parent, check out the Nutrition & Fitness Center at KidsHealth for ways to keep your kids heart-healthy, too.